Monday, May 7, 2012

Singaporean working in malaysia paid in Singapore. Where to pay tax


Singaporean working in malaysia paid in Singapore. Where to pay tax?
I'm an indian. A Permanent Resident in Singapore and I have been filing my Tax returns in Singapore. Now I'm being transferred to malaysia on work. i will have to be there till i work for this company. My salary will still remain in Singapore. Where should I file my return?
Malaysia - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
File with me. And your tax will be 25% of your salary on a monthly basis. Year end will be 50% cause of your bonus.
2 :
>>Dead Man Walking...LOL....good idea hahaha. Anyway, since you are a PR in Singapore and have been filing your Tax Returns (funny this word---they don't return hehe) in Singapore, then I should think you must continue doing so the same way....because your salary remains in Singapore. The best person to ask is your authority in the company. ------do I get any commission for consultation...haha------
3 :
yr paid in singapore so u are supposed to file in singapore check with IRAS damn u need to pay me for this advice do u know that
4 :
Singapore
5 :
You need to resolve the issue with someone that really knows. If you have a Malaysian Employment Pass, someone is going to have to pay the tax on the salary claimed to qualify for the Pass. Some times the company is responsible for foreign tax. If you pay tax in Malaysia it will probably be deductible from your Singapore Tax Liability. especially if you're living in Malaysia. That's established by Tax Treaty. But don't listen to us. Check with the experts. Good Luck.
6 :
This will depend on who is paying you your salary. Being transferred to Malaysia but still drawing Singapore salary means you still have to pay your tax in Singapore.